1. About these Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to any contract between You and the Golazo Cycling Limited (“GOLAZO”) in respect of Your participation in the Event.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully before registering for the Event through the Website.
- Please note that before registering for the Event through the Website or otherwise You will be asked to accept these terms and conditions. By clicking on the “I Accept” check box online You are confirming Your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. If You do not want to accept these terms and conditions, You will not be able to register for the Event.
2. About Your Contract
- In registering for the Event, You are entering into a legally binding contract with Golazo Cycling Ltd (GOLAZO), which is registered in England and Wales under company number 9686725. GOLAZO’s registered office is at 34 The Broadway, St. Ives, England, PE27 5BN. This contract, and Your obligations under it, will conclude upon Your completion of the Event.
- For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “You” means the person identified as the Lead Rider in the application to register for the Event offered through the Website (the “Registration Application”) or, if the Rider is under 18 years old, the parent or guardian who has signed the Parental Consent Form and submitted the Registration Application (and “Your” shall be construed accordingly).
- GOLAZO may assign the contract, or subcontract or delegate the delivery of the Event in any manner to: (i) any separate entity controlled by, or under common control with, GOLAZO; or (ii) any provider of outsourcing or third party services that is engaged under a service contract to provide services to GOLAZO at the GOLAZO’s sole discretion.
- For the purpose of the declaration in clause 20 herein ‘I’ means ‘You’ and the team of riders making up your four man TTT team.
- GOLAZO at its sole discretion retains the right to reject a Registration Application at any time prior to the Event.
3. The Event
- The “Event” means the following disciplines offered at the Tour of Cambridgeshire a two-day cycle festival held on Closed Roads. The specific disciplines at the festival comprise a UWGFS Qualifying Time Trial, a UWGFS Qualifying Road Race and Gran Fondo, Team Time Trial and Sportives. Further details of each specific cycling discipline are available on the Tour of Cambridgeshire website.
4. Terms Used
“Brand” means all unique designs, signs, symbols and words, or a combination of these, employed in creating an image that identifies the Tour of Cambridgeshire and its sponsors and partners which differentiates it from its competitors.
“Closed Road(s)” means the environment temporarily established on the public highway and or private roads for the sole purpose of the Event for a specific duration which will be published at or around the date of the Event. Closed Road does not in any way guarantee that the public, either in vehicles, on horseback or on foot either inadvertently or maliciously, will not break into the Closed Road environment at some point during the Event. Riders must be attentive to this risk and take any necessary evasive action should such a scenario materialise to protect the Rider’s own safety and security and that of others around.
“Cycling Equipment” means any equipment a Rider will use in the Event including but not limited to clothing, safety equipment and bicycles.
“Event Village” means the location of the Event headquarters, the associated car parks, expo space and Closed Road courses.
“Fundraising Partner” is a fundraising organisation with whom GOLAZO has a Fundraising Partner agreement.
“Open Road(s)” means an environment whereby the Highway Code and other related regulations as exist at the time apply.
“Race Director” means the individual responsible for the cycling Events and specifically the results.
“Racing Licence” means any racing licence issued by British Cycling, the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists (LVRC), TLI Cycling Ltd or any other recognised cycling international governing body.
“Rider” means the registered participant in the Event.
“Specified Location” means the location on the Closed Roads announced by GOLAZO prior to the Event which Riders must pass before the Specified Time in order to be allowed to complete the Team Time Trial. Riders failing to pass the Specified Location by the Specified Time will be required to be taken back to the Event HQ via the Broom Waggon.
“Specified Time” means the time announced by GOLAZO prior to the Event whereby the Closed Roads will be re-opened and any Rider who has not gone past the Specified Location will be required to take a shorter route back, ride on open roads or be transferred back to the finish at the Event Village by the Sweep Team.
“UCI” means Union Cycliste Internationale, the world governing body for sports cycling.
“We” means GOLAZO or any employee or representative or associate of GOLAZO (and “our” shall be construed accordingly).
“Website” means http://www.tourofcambridgeshire.com. GOLAZO provides this Website to give general information about the Tour of Cambridgeshire. The Website contains a link to enter the Event using the ChronoRace or Results Base payment platform. Please refer to any terms and conditions on the each payment gateway for all additional matters relating to payments and entry.
5. Event Specifics
It is not a requirement for a Rider to have a licence to participate in the Event.
GOLAZO’s liability to compensate Riders for any loss or damage to personal property in secure paid for storage provided for the Event and/or Event village is limited to a reasonable amount, having regard to such factors as whether the loss or damage was due to a negligent act or omission by GOLAZO. If you do not make use of the secure areas you are responsible for any loss or damage to personal property.
- Event Regulations
The Event is held under local regulations determined by the Race Director.
- Protective Headgear
It is a mandatory requirement of participation that Riders at the Event wear protective headgear which meets UCI technical standards.
- Road Closure
The public highway Closed Roads will be re-opened to the public after the Specified Time. The Specified Time will be published in Event publicity at or around the time of the Event. Riders who remain on the circuit once the roads are re-opened will have to abide by the Highway Code and any regulations applying to Open Roads as are in force at the time. In any event despite the commitment of GOLAZO to assure Closed Roads, Riders must be aware at all times for potential hazards which get onto the Closed Road the most likely of which are pedestrians, animals such as deer and dogs and farm vehicles. Riders have responsibility for their own safety as the provision of Closed Roads offers no guarantee that the Closed Roads will at times be free of obstacles not related to the Event. In any event if you are passed by the rear pace car you are out of the event and you will have to make your way back to the event HQ taking responsibility for your own navigation, maintenance and you must abide by the highway code as you will be out of the event and riding on open roads.
- Event Registration
- It is a requirement that each Rider in the Event confirms that they have read the Event Rider Manual and accepts the contents. It is also a requirement of registration that each Rider presents photographic identification to GOLAZO to confirm the Rider’s identity.
- Medical support is provided for the Event. Risk assessments have been conducted to inform the quantity and location of the medical support during the Event. GOLAZO does not warrant or guarantee the length of any response for the medical support team to reach a Rider in need of attention.
- Limited mechanical support is provided for the Event. GOLAZO does not warrant or guarantee the length of any response for the mechanical support team to reach a Rider in need of attention. It is strongly recommended that all riders are self-sufficient in relation to repairs whilst riding.
6. Entry Process
- A Registration Application offer is made by You when:
- You submit an application to register for the Event on behalf of yourself and your team;
- You have agreed to these terms and conditions; and
- GOLAZO or its designated third party payment gateway provider (whichever is the earlier) receives a legitimate payment into its designated bank account, or GOLAZO otherwise receives such moneys in cash or bank transfer of the entry fee.
- By submitting a Registration Application, You are:
- making an offer to participate (or permit an under 18 Rider to participate) in the Event subject to these terms and conditions and any specific additional/alternative terms drawn to Your attention by GOLAZO during the registration process; and
- confirming that You are at least 18 years of age.
- Have read and understood our privacy and GDPR policy which is available for download on our website.
- A Registration Application may only be submitted by individuals who are at least 18 years old. Under 18s who would like to make a Registration Application should ask their parent or guardian to make the Registration Application on their behalf and confirm that they agree to these terms and conditions.
- Upon GOLAZO’s receipt of the relevant entry fee for the Event, GOLAZO grants You the right to participate in the Event subject to these terms and conditions of entry, the Event Rider Manual and any instructions given to You by the organisers or officials of the Event. The entry fee does not make provision of a Racing Licence for the Rider or any other products or services such as t-shirts or sports therapy.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event or to ask You to cease participation if You fail to follow instructions given by an Event official, You attempt to participate in the Event in a manner that We believe: (a) may cause injury to You or another participant, (b) in our opinion is likely to cause offence, (c) may damage or harm the environment, or (d) otherwise causes a risk or potential risk to health and safety including any failure, in whole or in part, to comply with the restrictions in relation to Event safety, or in our opinion You are unfit to participate in the Event due to either the consumption or use of alcohol or drugs or because of an injury or illness.
- We also reserve the right to refuse entry to an Event if You fail to arrive at the start location at the specified start time or if You are unable to make sufficient progress in the Event to allow You to complete the Event in line with timelines set by Event officials.
- If You are refused entry to an Event or we ask You to cease participation in the Event, You must remove your Event race number and follow any instruction of an Event official. If you are out of the event and riding on open roads you must follow the highway code.
- GOLAZO at its sole discretion reserves the right to reject Your Registration Application, even if previously accepted, at any time prior to the Event upon repayment of the entry fee and any associated registration costs without prior notice and without proving the grounds for doing so. GOLAZO will not be liable for any other costs incurred by You in association with the Event.
7. Your Status and Responsibilities
- By entering the Event, You agree, warrant, undertake and represent that:
- You are legally capable of entering contracts.
- You will only enter the Chrono or Team Time Trial if you will have reached your 19th birthday by 31st December in the year of the Event (the “Date”).
- You will abide by any rules and regulations specified in the Event Rider Manual (available on the Event website at least one month before the Event) and by the race commissaries and GOLAZO as amended up to and including the day of the Event.
- You understand and agree that You will participate in this Event and any other event organised by GOLAZO or agents thereof entirely at your own risk.
- You will rely on your own ability in dealing with hazards and must ride in a way that is safe to yourself and others paying particular attention to road furniture convoy vehicles and the condition of the road surface which in paces could be badly damaged with pot holes and cracks.
- At all times during the Event You will adhere to all instructions given by Event officials. You accept that any general guidance given by marshals, our sub-contractors or volunteers are purely advisory and You must decide if any manoeuvre You make is safe and do so entirely at your own risk.
- You will hold harmless GOLAZO, any of its partners, employees, subcontractors, volunteers, officials or anyone else involved in the Event or attending the Event Village from any liability associated with the Event whether arising for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise. This includes although is not restricted to injury or loss however caused and damage or theft of equipment prior to, during or after the Event, loss of profit, loss of reputation, loss of business, revenue or goodwill, loss of anticipated savings, or consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage: (a) would arise in the ordinary course of events; (b) is reasonably foreseeable; or (c) is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise. You accept full liability and responsibility for any medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participating in the Event. However, nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- You are in a fit and healthy condition and are not suffering any medical conditions which prevent You from participating in the Event. You agree You are capable of competing in a strenuous cycling event. You have taken professional medical advice to confirm this. You confirm that You have trained to meet the challenges of the Event as shown on the website. Further, that on the Event date, You will be sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the Event in accordance with this agreement.
- You will adhere to the Event technical regulations as apply on the day of the Event.
- You are responsible for the quality of the Cycling Equipment You will use in the Event and warrant that it is fit for purpose. Your Cycling Equipment must comply with UCI technical regulations. For the avoidance of doubt handlebars are to be of the conventional design for the specific type of event in which they are used. For the Team Time Trial, tri-bars, aero-bars, clip-ons, prayer bars, cows bars or Spinachi design are prohibited. There will be no bike inspection conducted by GOLAZO at the Event.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your timing device is functioning correctly and that your Event race numbers are attached and displayed appropriately and that the medical information template on the reverse side of the jersey number is completed in full.
- You are responsible for the condition and suitability of your clothing to ensure that reasonable standards of modesty are maintained. If GOLAZO reasonably believes that these standards are not maintained then it has the sole discretion to withdraw the Rider without compensation.
- You are responsible for your registration into the Event on or around the day of the Event. Your Event race number and timing device will be provided to You upon your registration. Racing Licences where required must be presented at registration. It is mandatory that You have read the Event Rider Manual and accept it. You accept that You are required to present photographic identification at the point of registration to confirm your identity.
- You will wear protective headgear which meets UCI technical standards at all times while participating in the Event.
- You agree that through your completion and submission of the online Entry Form, You are committing to paying for your Event entry via the means as instructed on the Website.
- You accept that all decisions and rulings by GOLAZO its employees and its agents in respect of the Event are considered final.
- You are responsible for the secure retention of your entry confirmation email which you will need to present in order to collect your race pack for the Event. GOLAZO shall not issue a replacement entry confirmation. You are also responsible for the submission of the correct data as part of your entry to the event.
- You are responsible for self-serving your own ride details and information from the Festival website prior to the Event. The Event Start Sheet and Final Information will be published on the website tourofcambridgeshire.com under Rider Info in the navigation bar on the home page at least one week before the event. GOLAZO shall not email your rider number or any specific event information to you prior to the event.
8. Retention of Ownership
- GOLAZO retains all the rights to the Event and its Brand unless otherwise secured on licence from a third party in which case the particular rights vest with the originator. The payment of the entry fee grants no rights to the Event other than the right to participate.
9. Non-Transfer, Non-Refund and Deferral
- The Event entry purchased by You is non-transferable and non-refundable. Each Rider is strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring or offering to sell, swap, or transfer their registration in the Event or allowing any other person to wear their Event race number. Any breach of this condition shall render Your registration void. If You are found to be in breach of this condition We reserve the right to exclude You from participation in future events.
- It is not possible in any circumstances to cancel, transfer or defer an entry the Team Time Trial.
- In the event that by mistake You make more than one entry for Yourself (or the same under 18 Rider) in either the Chrono, Road Race, Gran Fondo or Sportive, the surplus entries will be refunded.
10. Online Transactions
10.1 We use secure payment facilities for all online purchases provided by ChronoRace or Results Base, Your payment details such as credit card details are entered in a secure payment gateway handle by a third party payment service provider (Secure Trading), which uses SSL protocol on their own dedicated HTTPS servers to communicate with the merchant’s acquiring bank to validate and process the details. Our payment systems are fully PCI compliant.
- The system for taking payments and capturing your entry data is provided by a third party, ChronoRace or Results Base. You will have access to their terms and conditions when You enter the event. They are acting as our agent and payments made will initially go to ChronoRace or Results Base before the payment is cleared to GOLAZO.
- If You have cookies enabled, data may be stored on Your local PC to enable speedy input of subsequent transactions. If You do not agree to this please ensure You have disabled cookies in your browser. More information about the cookies used on the Website is available in our cookies policy.
12. Matters Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, inclement weather conditions, subsidence, epidemic, pandemic or other natural disaster;
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
- sabotage of the Event or deliberate vandalism of the Event resources and infrastructure;
- the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- In such circumstances We will, if possible, provide notice of cancellation to You. In the event of cancellation, We will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation. As significant costs are incurred before the event and are paid irrespective of the event taking place these include any entry fees for the event, registration, travel or accommodation costs.
13.1 The breach of any of the regulations specified in these terms and conditions or terms and conditions themselves shall lead to the immediate disqualification of the Rider at the sole discretion of GOLAZO without compensation.
14. Conflict and Survival
14.1. In the event of conflict of these terms with any other applicable terms then the following hierarchy or importance shall apply:
14.2. these GOLAZO terms and conditions; and
14.3 ChronoRace and Results Base Terms and Conditions.
14.4 In the event that any part of the stated regulations or these terms and conditions are unenforceable, such part shall be deleted and the remaining regulations or these terms and conditions shall remain in force and to the extent permitted by law.
15. Variation to these terms
- GOLAZO reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions without consultation or prior notice. Any such variations shall apply for any Event.
16. Entire Agreement
- These terms and conditions (and the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede any previous agreement between the parties relating to the Event. You acknowledge and agree that in submitting the Registration Application, You do not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
17. Third Party Rights
- No person other than You and GOLAZO shall have any rights to enforce these terms and conditions.
18.1 These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.
19. Personal information
- Specifically, in relation to participation on behalf of a Fundraising Partner the Rider acknowledges and accepts that personal information provided will be shared with the Fundraising Partner from whom the entry Code supplied to the Rider originated.