We’re thrilled to be bringing the 6th edition of the Gran Fondo to the Tour of Cambridgeshire in 2020. The Gran Fondo gives everyone, including those who have little or no race experience, the chance to give-it-a-go and compete against others in the same Masters age group. It gives you the chance to qualify and ride for your nation at the UCI Gran Fondo World Championships Road Race.
The Gran Fondo is held on fully closed roads and is a mass participation event with a mass start. All results from the Gran Fondo are determined by chip time.
The qualification distances for Women is 70 miles, 19-59 Men is 100 miles and 60+ Men will compete over 70 miles. A race license is not required to take part in the Gran Fondo, but there is a minimum age of 19yrs of age on 31st December in the year of the event.
The fastest 20% of riders in each Masters age group from both the Road Race and Gran Fondo combined will be invited to ride for their nation at the UCI GF World Championships. The number of qualifier will be determined by the overall number of riders in your age group.
The Gran Fondo will sell-out quickly, so enter today to guarantee your place on the start line.
- Please ensure your email settings do not reject or send emails to Junk/Spam from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A unique email address is required for each Entrant to assure that each entrant receives subsequent emailed festival information.
- The correct entry of your telephone numbers is critical. Telephone numbers MUST be entered in the International Format (ie. +447780761999).
- Final Event Information, including arrival and event information, and Start Sheets will be available on the Tour of Cambridgeshire website approximately 2 weeks before the Festival. See Rider Info in navigation bar. This information will NOT be emailed to you.
- A Service Charge will be added to your basket per entry.
- Parking Charges will be in place for official parking. Charges can be found within Prices tab.
- Entries can NOT be Refunded or Transferred. Deferrals are only available if the Deferral Protection Administration is added when entering. The Deferral Protection Administration allows riders to defer up until midnight on Sunday prior to the event. Further details are set out in the Terms and Conditions of Entry in Section 9.
- Minimum age for Gran Fondo is 19 years on 31st December 2021.
You will receive emails with information about the Festival and Events; unsubscribing from these emails will prevent you from receiving event information.